Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Biggest Loser

So I watched my first ever episode of The Biggest Loser tonight. I don't have cable and I missed last weeks premiere so I have to catch up online.

I've heard good things about this show but I had no idea it would be this good. I had no idea it was possible to lose that much weight in one week. I know that I could never lose even 10 pounds in a week, let alone 20 or 30, but it definitely inspired me to work out harder and shoot for maybe 2-3 pounds a week instead of only 1.

I know I need to burn more calories than I am taking in. The difficult part is knowing just how many calories I've burned. I've been staying under 1,200 calories a day, so how much walking do I need to do to make it count?

I am definitely getting a gym membership next month.

I also need one of those doohickies that the Biggest Loser contestents wore around their arms. The thing that registered exactly how many calories they had burned and compared it to how many they'd taken in already and told them how much more they had to do. I'm sure one of those things are expensive though.

I have been doing good with my food intake. It's just the exercise that I need to work harder at.

My goal is to be at least 120 pounds by my birthday next year. That's a year and a half away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment